Hi:

I use 3c509b cards on all my machines.  I had to explicitly
pick the card from the network hardwarde drop down (even
after it was configured fine) for it to work.  Once I did this, things
came up and worked just fine.  Not I make it a step in all my
installations of 7.0.  Todate, I've installed 17 instances of 7.0.

Herman