Hi there,

Installed Mandrake 7 on a friends machine, went in ok.

Tried to install it on another, Pentium 133, with Matrix Mystique card.

Getting message right at the beginning of boot sequence, message reads:

< in second stage install
X11TranSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
Sun Apr 2 16:55:06  2000 GtK-WARNING ** cannot open display: :0 at /usr/bin/per1-install/my_gtk.pm line 139.
Install exited abnormally sending termination signals: sending kill signals: unmounting filesystems...
/tmp/rhimage/proc..      you may safely reboot your system. >

I am used to installations but have no idea what is wrong here,
I had starded the installation using the windows install method.
During this, the system went down. After recovering, I tried to reinstall
and was unable to do so. It is worth pointing out that since then I have managet to
get RedHat 5, and Caldera both up and running on this machine, but Mandrake just
refuses to go on. I have tried formating the hard drive and resetting up the partitions, but
this still does'nt work, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Gordon Wardlaw.

ps. The box I'm using is currently running Windows 98SE, and is a stable machine.