Yes,
I do apologize I didn't mean it to sound so smart a$$.. but after the fact
it did come off as that.
but I do appreciate the suggestions..
I my system is currently down and will try new suggestions next week when I
get my new processor.
Thanks once again.

-----

No, I am sorry to say that because I read 100-300 emails a day I have a
problem remembering what everyone said every time.  This makes me a bad
person in some peoples eyes.  Unfortunately this list does not keep
threads like a news server would so if you don't quote old messages I
only have what info is in the present message.  I may not be the only
person out there with this problem...

I haven't much else to say on your problem except perhaps you could
install zgv  (a console based graphics viewer) to test your mouse
configuration.  If your mouse works correctly under this one then you
know to look elsewhere for an answer, Maybe something in quake.

/etc/vga/libvga.config is used for both.