Compared to Linux, Windows does suck in some respects, however in many
respects Linux has a long way to go to catch windows.  The fact that you
think windows sucks doesn't mean you won't be using it.  People have always
know that Windows sucks, but yet it is the most popular OS in the world by
far.  We have become enslaved by windows due the software we like, games we
play, things we are used to.  Everyone knows that a Volvo is a better car
than a Hundai, but there are more Hundai cars on the road, there are other
factors that determine what we chose (or are forced into).

I for one think that Linux rocks, and if I could do everything in Linux that
I could do in Windows (and as easily) I would glady abandon windows
completely.  But the fact remains that this isn't true yet.  We are getting
there though, and I welcome the day when it comes.

my $0.02 worth