So I've fallen in love with Linux and, like all love affairs, it's
driving me nucking futs!!!

Specifically, I'm trying to configure my SpaceWalker SiS 530 M/B
(Shuttle now calls it the HOT 599) with onboard video and sound
controller (Yamaha YFM742 ) with PII 233 and 96MB ...finally got video
working great in 24bit color but cannot get sound "card" to be
recognized.

Dmesg from insmod at boot says :

/etc/isapnp.config:17 -- Fatal - Error occurred executing request '
ISOLATE PRESERVE' -- Further action aborted
.
.
.
/lib/module/2/2/13-7mdksmp/misc/Opl3sa2.o: init_module: Device or
resource busy
.
.
.
Same for MIDI except Opl3.o:Device or resource busy

BIOS reports PCI device listing as
Bus #   Dev #   Func # Vendor ID   Device ID   Device Class     IRQ
 0            12            0          1073            000C
MultiMedia         10

sndconfig tells me no PCI or ISA board found by probe...manual selection
of a bunch of cards and different settings all give "Device or resource
busy" error...  :o((

Today I disabled the onboard controller and put in a Yamaha sound board
and it worked  :o))  ...but I only have one ISA slot and I need my modem
there...dont't want to buy a PCI modem or sound card when I have a
perfectly (?) good (?) sound "card" on board...

Been wrestling with this for two weeks now...have learned a heck of a
lot about Linux (tremendous progress in other areas) but can't resolve
this one...yup, read all the howto's, several books, been to Yamaha
website, Shuttle website, linux-newbie.org, Red Hat, and finally here...

Could sure use some expert help... Thanks

Tom