Hi, Ed:

> Ed Tharp wrote:
>
> ok now after this latest install, my sound, network and video all are
> connected and working, but now when I dial out with Kppp, I get this
> message.
>
> Apr 5 13:33:48 etharp pppd[1187]: The remote system is required to
> authenticate itself but I
>
> Apr 5 13:33:48 etharp pppd[1187]: couldn't find any secret (password)
> which would let it use an IP address.

What kind of authentication are you using, Ed? Is it supported by your
ISP? This looks like an authentication mismatch (perhaps ppp is set to
authenticate with PAP but the ISP is using CHAP).

Anyway, it is likely a ppp issue, I don't think it has much to do with
the rest of your configuration.

-Stephen-