> I have heard a couple of posts elluding to the fact that BeOS is a good OS for
> dealing with music

Well consider that BeOS was in fact designed to be a mustimedia
OS.  So i would imageni that in whatever youre doing it will at
sleast be more efficient, probably less resource hogging, etc.
Consider also that companies like Steinberg and eMagic are
porting packages such as Nuendo and Logic to Be, whereas
there's been no talk of such things for Linux.  Im working with some
people who are using FreeBe right now, and at least at face value it
appears that there are more quality sound tools for BeOS than
Linux.  Just my experience. . .