From: Glen M. Chambers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2000 10:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Can't load startx: error ;(

Hello All,

Having real problems starting 'startx' - I keep getting this error;

-- cut
font transocketUNIXconnect
can't connect: errno = 111

failed to set default font path 'unix/:1'
fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

when reporting a problem <etc. . . . . >

x connection to :0.0 broken explicit kill or server shutdown

-- cut

Now when loading LINUX the X font server starts [ OK ]
But when shutting down I get [ FAILED ]

It's just happened when I booted LINUX - I have made no changes and as far as I am aware I shutdown the system OK.

Thanks everyone.

Glen

--
~~|| Glen M. Chambers  ||~~