In /etc/fstab, add "umask=0" w/o quotes as one of the options at the end of hte
partition you want to be writable. Should be right after the other options.
Here's mine for instance:
 /dev/hdb5 /windows vfat user,exec,nodev,nosuid,rw,conv=auto,umask=0 0 0

And this is another thing Mandrake should do automatically. They mount it
automatically for you right now, so it probally wouldn't be that hard for them
to make it writable to everyone. Or maybe there's a good reason to leave it
defaulted as read only.

--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com