No, it definately exists. Under Windows you can use a program called "Flash FXP"
to transfer directly between 2 FTP-accounts without having to pump all the data
trough your own machine. I don't know how it works, I didn't believe it at first
either. But I've seen people with crappy network connections pump files over at
5 times the speed their lines can theoretically reach and seeing is believing ;)
Appartenly some newer FTP-daemons (or has this always been an option?) have some
extra commands built-in to initiate network transfers to other FTP-accounts
directly. And why not? After all, FTP is just a combination of telnet with some
file transfer socket.

I searched for "fxp" on http://freshmeat.net the other day, and I believe I
found some interresting stuff, but I'm not sure since I haven't checked anything
out yet. Perhaps you could look for such a program there, Dreja?

--

Rial Juan                        <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The little critters in nature; they don't know they're ugly.
That's very funny... A fly marying a bumble-bee...

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
Help bring us more Linux Drivers