Jim Adams wrote:

> How do I safely remove supermount from fstab?

Use a filesystem configuration tool.  I don't know what your gui
environment is, however you may find a tool in the desktop, and there
are tools which can be run from the command line shell, like linuxconf
and fsconf (I use linuxconf, so far).  There's surely  one for Mandrake,
called drak{something}, maybe drakconf.  Look around, bring up the tools
you can find, and investigate.  These all have gui's; therefore, you
should be able to quickly find one which has a supermount option you can
toggle.

mike