I checked that in video card documentation.... Diamond Stealth III S-540 uses only its
onboard 16megs of memory.  Anyway, Linux accepts the 192 megs when I log in at lilo
with
"linux    mem =192M"   Plus, the lilo.conf file has the append  mem=192M all to no
avail.
Thanks for the suggestion though.    It is funny that Mandrake doesn't identify the
memory
but Redhat 6.2 does, while Mandrake recognizes the video card and Redhat doesn't.
Once I
get this settled I will try to figure out a problem with the CD RW and the ZIP drive
(it
detects the CD RW drive but won't read a disk in it,  The ZIP is on Paralllel Port II
which
it doesn't seem to detect.  Strange.)

I KNOW that someday soon Linux will do everything it is supposed to, but right now it
is
frustrating me like a pc hasn't since the mid 70s.........

Charles Wackerman