Partition Magic/Boot Magic, Raneesh (sp?) Partition (something), and a few
other tools for resizing existing partitions.  One word of
caution...defrag/scandisk existing Windows info, and disable Norton Utilities,
before starting this proceedure.  Read all the HELP for your method of choice
for resizing, and follow those directions as close as you can.
Also a full/total backup of your Windows DATA, would be nice in case of
failure.
HTH
Jaguar

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [...]
> >linux fdisk and installed Mandrake 7 on the first partition. As long as
> >you keep your boot partition below cylinder 1024 you shouldn't have a
> >problem. Probably your bios must see the whole drive for this to work.
> >Hope this helps.
> >
> >     Dan
> >

> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Alan and All,
> >>
> >> I decided to go ahead and spend some more $money$ on my Linux Mandrake
> >> distribution, which I have learned was pretty much inevitable if I had
any
> >> hopes of getting it installed within my time parameters.
> >>
> >> I think it is important that I mention here for clarity's sake, that if
you
> >> are a newbie and you have a hard drive that is over 8GB's, you will
'most
> >> likely' have to spend more money to purchase another program to work
> >> through the partitioning of your hard drive. I think it should actually
say
> >> this on the Linux Mandrake 7.0 Complete Box, under the system
requirements,
> >> that if your hard drive is larger than 8GB's you will may need to
purchase
> >> another utility in order to install Linux Mandrake or any other Linux
> >> distribution on your system in a very user friendly way. The included
> >> version 3.0 of Partition Magic will not suffice to do the job in a
workable
> >> manner.
> >>
> >> You may also run into the 1024th cylinder barrier as I did and later
found
> >> out it was 'infamous', and then the also included Boot Magic will not
> >> install. I do have to say that I am enjoying learning all of this stuff
> >> never knew about hard drive partitions. :)
> >>
> >> The application actually cost more than the Linux Mandrake 7.0 Complete
> >> distribution, however if you have purchased this version of Linux and
> >> received the non usable for over 8GB hard dirves version 3, then you are
> >> elligible for a 40% discount on your upgrade to an actual working
version
> >> of Partition Magic, which currently is 5.01. Also I want to note to all,
> >> that the Partition Magic manufacturer 'PowerQuest.com', look as if they
are
> >> also owned by MS, as they are almost overly proud partners of MS and
have
> >> the MS name all over their web site.
> >>
> >> All of this aside, if it works well for me I will be happy I have it, it
> >> seems to have many, new to me, powerful features that I may indeed find
> >> very, very useful. Although I am fairly certain that you could take
other
> >> routes to installation of Linux on a large hard drive, (using fdisk,
fips,
> >> cfsidk, LILO, etc)  I have been thinking of my return deadline, perhaps
> >> should just forget about that, and  instead commit myself to

Boot
> varitey of
> 1024th

> I can
> where

> partition of
> usage,

The Dogma chased the Stigma, and was hit by the Karma.

http://webmail.netscape.com.