Actually, if you were to run to separate drives, and the first drive had no dos
partitions on
it, Windows wouldn't even recognize it.  It would still call the second drive 'C'
(because
non-dos partitions don't get a drive letter).  At least that makes sense in my head,
well
that's another story.

I've played with different configurations and it's hard to remember sometimes what
works and
what doesn't.  Lilo has given me the warning in the past that the /boot partition has
to be
before the 1024th cylinder, but I say 'ok' and it works anyway.  Right now I'm using
the BeOS
boot manager (uninstalled the OS because at that time it didn't support my vid card,
but left
the boot manager cause it works good) and it doesn't care where your OS is installed.
At one
time, I had 4 different OS's booting off of my primary drive; 1. WinNT 4, 2. Win98, 3.
Mandrake, 4. BeOS 4.5.

This worked just fine with the BeOS boot manager booting all of them.

Jaguar wrote:

> Not true...the installed to Drive of ALL the software is set to C Drive, ie:
> path to files installed C:\office\word\blabla.exe
> That is much more time consuming to change all the installed DIR's locations
> in Windows than setting up the LILO boot.
> HTH
> Jaguar
>
> Michael Holt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How about switching your drives?  If you make Linux /dev/hda and Windows
> > /dev/hdb (make Linux your primary master and put windows on your primary
> > slave).  You shouldn't have to change too much, just the jumpers on your
> > Windows drive.
> >
> > I would like to say that I have two drives.  On the first (20GB) I've got
> > WinNT, Win98 and finally, Mandrake Linux.  On the second (13GB), I have
> extra
> > storage space for FAT32 and Linux.  This works great for me, I've never
> lost
> > any data.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > The Russells wrote:
> >
> > > Yup, I tried it.  I ran "lilo" at the command prompt after I saved it and
> it
> > > told me /dev/hdb is not a regular file.
> > >
> > > Maybe this is a good excuse to get a whole new and different box?!  Any
> > > excuse, any at all...
> > >
> > > An iMac, eh?  Cool.  Mine is grape and is quite neglected since this
> Linux
> > > thing came around.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Kathleen
> >
> > --
> > The Penguins are coming!!!

> > Michael Holt
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> The Dogma chased the Stigma, and was hit by the Karma.

>http://webmail.netscape.com.

The Penguins are coming!!!

Michael Holt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]