May have already been answered, but in case it hasn't I'll provide an answer.

You need a separate /boot for each Linux configuration you have installed.
Whether or not you give /boot it's own filesystem or make it part of the /
filesystem partition is up to you (I have separate filesystems for /boot, /,
/usr, /usr/local, /usr/src, /home, /var and /tmp, but all of these can also be
placed on the same filesystem partition using a single partition for your the
entire Linux configuration).

Making /boot a separate filesystem makes it easier to keep this below the 1024
cyl boundary; however, this isn't necessary, if you install lilo or the boot
manager in the mbr, which is what I'ld recommend doing for a system like
your's, with one huge hdd, or even if you have multiple HDDs.

By placing lilo or the boot manager in the mbr, the 1024 cyl. boundary problem
is circumvented, because the mbr is at the beginning of hda.

Also create boot floppies for each of your configurations, and read through the
HOWTO on large disks.  You could probably find this through the LDP web site,
but I thought this was  www.linuxdoc.org and this isn't producing anything, or
not much anyway.  There's another web site for the LDP documentation, and this
web site contains links to all of the HOWTOs, FAQs, and other documentation.
I'm not sure how to get to that web site, but you can probably find a link to
it through the Mandrake web site, or RedHat's, looking through the
documentation pages of these sites.

mike