Sadet, I have exactly the same problem ....If I find a solution, will let you know.

Sparks
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2000 4:04 PM
Subject: [newbie] Mandrake 7.0 PCMCIA Modem Problem

Hello

I own a Compaq Armada 1590DT laptop and an Apache V90 PCMCIA modem.  The
modem works on COM2 on DOS and Windows, and is supposed to work on ttyS1 on
Mandrake Linux 7.0, but for some odd reason kppp gives me an error claiming
that it is busy.

In kppp, when I setup the modem on ttyS2, I get a modem ready response, but
when I query it, I get absolutely no feedback.  On ttyS1 it refuses to work
altogether, and gives me that odd "Sorry, modem is busy" error.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thank you,
Sedat Ozkanli