Steve....if you want to use BootMagic as your multi-os boot
manager then you will have to deal with the 1024 cylinder limit
as long as your primary master hard drive is larger than 8 gig.
Of course you can elect to use lilo (part of Linux) as your
multi-os boot manager instaed of BootMagic and avoid Bootmagic's
installation limitations completely.  If you choose to use lilo
and install a 6 gig drive as your primary slave and dedicate it
to Linux then yes, all the fuss we've been discussing will be
avoided.

Alan