Egio Brodshaug wrote:

> When I start installing Mandrake 7.0 from a harddrive I get this message
>       after beginning second stage install:
>
>       "In second stage install died at usr/bin/perl-install/install_steps_gtk.pm
>       line 202
>       install exited abnormally
>       sending termination signals... done"
>
>       What is this??

I don't really have a clue here, but I get a somewhat similar message:

"In second stage install:
        _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno=111
        _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno=111
<Date>  Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display :0 at
/usr/bin/perl-install/my_gtk.pm line 139

and then it dies in the same way. I never get the installation screen.
I'm trying to install this directly from
CD-ROM (7.0 Power Pack) on an oldish machine:

Pentium 90MHz, 40MB RAM, HD's 500MB + 1300MB, IDE CD-ROM drive.
The graphics card is from Diamond (Stealth 64 I think). SuperProbe says:
S3 Trio 64, 2MB RAM.

Red Hat 6.1 installed flawlessly on this machine, and runs XFree86 3.3.5
without problems.

Any help would be appreciated. Is there, for example, a way to install
without using X?

TIA

Thomas

Thomas Huld
European Commission - Joint Research Centre - Ispra Site(IT)
T.P.723
I-21020 Ispra                | Insofar as my employer has coherent
Italy                        | opinions they are unlikely to be mine
tel. +39 0332 785273         | (That said, see http://eu.conecta.it)
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]