SRJRM wrote:

> >I made a dual boot of win98 and linux.  I have two harddrives c: = windows
> >d=linux
>
> I got everything setup.  When I choose my linux from the boot menu it loads
> half way
> they I get a KERNAL PANIC: VFS:  Unable to Mont Root 03:10
>
> and its stuck.  I reinstall mandrake and it did the same thing.  But i
> loaded it before okay
>
> Suggestions?
The best solution would be to have a slack or other CD that has a live
system on it, so you could boot a whole linux off the CD and check your
partitions, examine your /etc/fstab file, ...
Or you could do some checks from your windows session if you have a
program to browse ext2 file systems (like exploreext2fs)

> Also does anyone know how to make linux mandrake become a router....I have
> @home service with
> 3 boxes but only 1 ip.  I heard you can hook another network card into a
> linux box and have it give out ips.
read the ipchains-HOWTO. It contains all you need to know about that.

HTH
Flupke