I have Linux Mandrake 7.0 Complete installed on the following system
    Athlon 500 MHZ
    64M ram.
    20G byte IBM hard disk.

I have as a first  partition an 8G fat32 partition with Windows 98. DrakeX
setup a swap partition, a /boot partition (hda5) and a root partition
(hda7). Boot loader is lilo.

I need to reinstall Windows 98. I understand that if a do this Windows 98
setup will remove lilo from the boot sector in favor of its own boot loader.
For this reason I am trying to make a boot floppy so I can mount the root
filesystem and reinstall lilo after I reload 98.

I have tried created boot and rescue disks using both dos (writeraw) and
linux following the instructions from the documentation. The boot disk works
but whenever I select "rescue" from the "boot:" prompt and put in the rescue
diskette I get an error. I am not sure but I think the error message is the
same as below.

I have also tried to use mkbootdisk to make a boot floppy. When I boot off
it says it is trying to load the root filesystem off of hda7, I then get an
"Error: 0x10" message.

Any suggestions.