On Tue, 2 May 2000, Steve Philp wrote:

)Christopher wrote:
)>
)> Howdy people, first off - Mandrake is my fav distro and I've tried quite a
)> few - bravo!  Now, to my prob.  Does the installer for Mandrake (I have 7.0)
)> detect for SMP support or is that something I add after installation?  My
)> hardware is a Abit BP6 with two 500 mhz Celerons, 128 megs of RAM, VooDoo 3
)> 3000 AGP, ect.  If it would work in SMP mode, I'd be very very happy  :-)
)> Thnx!
)>
)> ~Christopher
)
)Yes, 7.0 will detect the SMP automatically during installation and
)install an SMP kernel.  No worries there.

hmmm.  that's not my experience.  on two installs to clean gigabyte smp
boards i got the "standard kernel" and not the smp kernel.  it's easy
enough to configure after the fact though: look in lilo.conf and set the
appropriate image, then run lilo.

)7.0 doesn't, out of the box, work the with UDMA/66 interfaces on the BP6
)board though.  It'll make a boot disk during installation for you, but
)it won't let you install on those drives.  A bit annoying, since the
)patches for the HPT366 interface have been available since the 6.1
)days...
)
)--
)Steve Philp, MCSE/MCP+I
)Network Administrator
)Advance Packaging Corporation
)[EMAIL PROTECTED]
)

/pete

Pete Koning                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System Administrator                               Ph:(905)528-4936
Hamilton-Wentworth CommunityNet                    Fx:(905)528-7578