On Wed, 3 May 2000, Quentin Coles wrote:

>I have an internal modem that dials up to my ISP fine using minicom.
>The problem I'm having is that my connection lasts only 2-3 minutes
>before it disconnects. Also during the connection I cant seem to get to
>the internet.  Has anyone had this problem before? Am I connecting
>correctly?  Please any help will be appreciated.

Did you set up /etc/resolv.conf? In there you enter the DNS ip addresses
for your ISP, and the host that you are connecting to. Sounds like a
time-out or idle time kicks in that causes your modem to disconnect.

Paul

Nothing is impossible for the person who
doesn't have to do it himself.

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208
Registered Linux User 174403