On Thu, 04 May 2000, you wrote:
> Why is it that when I select MS Intellimouse (PS/2) from the list in
> Mouseconfig it will not work correctly in X?
> My mouse is a PS/2 Intellimouse.
> The symptoms are the pointer will automatically move to the upper-right
> corner of the screen and the button-press events (menus) will fire randomly.
>
> My workaround is to use the generic 3 button PS/2 mouse settings.  I'm
> really curious as to why this happens.  Do others have the problem?  And
> are there really any differences between selecting Intellimouse or generic
> mouse?

Yes, I had this problem too. Quite frustrating. I did the thing that all true
blue former mac and windows users do: I reformatted and reinstalled Mandrake,
this time being careful to choose the generic ps/2 driver.

But that doesn't support the beloved mouse wheel. Are there any drivers which
allow for the use of the wheel?

Regards,
Nathan