On Fri, 5 May 2000, Manuel Castelao wrote:

>partition is practically free. Is it possible to modify the size of
>Linux partitions without reformatting the disk?

I know it can be done with Partition Magic (windows) and FIPS (dos). FIPS
is freeware that is included on the Mandrake CD. Be careful though. An
oops can be fatal.

>In my former Mandrake installation I could copy pieces of text from/to
>my console. Now, it's impossible. How is it possible to copy text
>from/to console from/to KDE windows?

Select the text in the console window (with the mouse), go to the
graphical window and edit/paste or ctrl-v.

>I am suffering a Netscape autonomous activity (attempting to reach
>home.netscape.com, home6.netscape.com and internic.net without user
>intervention and very often) when I am working without connection to the
>Internet. Any suggestion?

Check that you do not have the netscape site as default homepage, set that
to "blank page". That worked for me.

Paul

Nothing is impossible for the person who
doesn't have to do it himself.

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208
Registered Linux User 174403