On Thu, 4 May 2000, Emanuele La Rosa wrote:

>Does anybody know about virus for Linux.  I thoght that nobody make virus for
>linux, but now I'm impressed of the fact that MCaffe make an antivirus for
>Linux. I hope that now that exists a linux antivirus anybody will make virus
>for it.

I don't think the worry is too big. There _are_ virusses for Unix based
systems, but there are not enough people using that. Compared to Windows,
we're not worth the trouble I think. Windoze virae have a much greater
audience, and chance to create havoc (The ILOVEYOU/JOKE virus...
Melissa... etc). Also, in Micro$oft stuff you just drag'n'drop a virus
together instead of having to really program one, it seems...

Paul

Nothing is impossible for the person who
doesn't have to do it himself.

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208
Registered Linux User 174403