Bill....what makes you think that it's supported under Linux?
I have a Color Quickcam too and I've never gotten any inkling
(I've been running various Linux distributions since January,
1999) that it has any support under Linux.

First off, mine's a usb and until Mandrake 7.0 was released
there was no Linux distro I'm aware of that supported any usb
devices out of the box.  MDK 7.0 only supports usb keyboards
and mice.

Then again, you may have a parallel Color Quickcam, but even
if you can get it recognized as a device on the parallel port,
there's no no application software to support it, none at
least that I am aware of.

Alan