Hi all,

I have a 2 PC Linux peer to peer network running now. Things work well, in
respect to access and such, but I can't find out so far how to be able to
have write and create permissions on the networked machine. Everytime I
get the message that it is a read-only file system.

What I do:

in /etc/exports on "the other" machine (p350.merlijn):

/ -alldirs(rw) -maproot=0.0(rw) internet.merlijn(rw) internet(rw)

and then I mount the machine in question on "internet.merlijn" with

mount p350.merlijn:/ /mnt/dtp

What am I missing, does anybody know? I don't want to have to set up an
FTP server, I know this is not necessary.

Thanks for the help

Paul

Happiness requires practice,
just like playing the violin.