Optionally, you could run samba on the the Linux box.  This will make
the Linux box appear as a Windows server to the Win98 box.  You can
share your printer, drive space, etc.  Go to www.samba.org for more
info. The latest version is 2.07, vs the 2.06 that comes w/ Mandrake
7.0, and the new version comes (reportedly) w/ a html version of the
O'Reilly 'Using Samba' book, widely considered to be one of the
definitive works on the subject.

A little more work, but ultimately worth the effort.

Monte