I think I have a conflict but don't know how to resolve it. Can not install in graphical mode it freezes on contact, have to use text mode.  When going into graphical mode(startx) the system freezes, no numlock nothing.  Mouse is a ps/2 mouse.  My system is a Gateway 500 pent 3 running windows 98.  Have put the mouse on a serial port but mandrake nor 98 will find it.  Linux would start in graphical mode(startx to kde) with the mouse on a serial port but no mouse movements.  Looked in Bios and saw that the ports are enabled, no confilcts are showing.  Went to site http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ffreesup.php3  and tried to download the Patch, but windows does not recognize my linux boot disk.  Have also put on redhat with same results.  Windows finds the mouse no problem.
Any Help would be appreciated.
Jeff Fleming