I have the registered version CD. (Quake 1). There's a Quake how-to in the 'how-to's'
(on the Linux cd's and all over the web) that provides flawless guidance. Only trouble
I had was getting my mouse to
work the way I WANT it to. It did work by default, just not the way I like it. The
Quake how-to tells you how to install the game and what you need to download, and how
to unpack and configure what you
downloaded.

If you have the game on cd and want help, lemme know....

Glenn...