Roach,
  Type X-configurator at the prompt in command mode and you will be take you
step by step through the procedure of setting up your vid card monitor and res.
  I had the large icons when I first installed even though I had 800x600 res. but with
changing the refresh rate I was able to get the look I wanted.

Andrew

--
Andrew
Blackburn