On Fri, 12 May 2000, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

>Every time I log in, my K menu gets all screwed up.  The default program
>groups change to a mixture of KDE and Gnome stuff, and each time I have
>to edit the menus to change it.  Even though I save the changes, the next
>time I log in the same thing happens.  Does anyone know what might be
>going wrong?
>
>Kirk

Could it be that your config files have changed user? When you run X as
root from your home directory, then you/user can't access the files that
hold the config. Shutting down X rewrites a bunch of files with the logged
in person as owner. Perhaps you could check this...

cd
ls -la | more

Paul

Life is more than increasing its speed.