On Tue, 16 May 2000, John Rye wrote:

>Hi folks -
>
>I had a power outage a short time ago and assume it's the reason for
>my problem.
>
>If I attempt to dial out kppp returns a message that the modem is locked
>
>I need to release that lock but have been unable to find any info locally..

Hi John,

I am not sure what and where, but I think you should run a search on a
file that has "lock" in it. KDE Explorer can help you with that. Linux
writes a file like that when a user uses the modem, so another user won't
be able to access it. As long as the file is there, you can't "modem".
Hope you find it with this improvised advice.

Paul

Law of Gifts:
You get the most of what you need the least.

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208
Registered Linux User 174403