Why can't he burn one?
It should be legal.
                -=Ron=-

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles A Edwards [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 12:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] FAQ: Installing mandrake in my laptop

Mauricio
   Part of this is guess work and hopfully someone out there will correct me
if I am wrong.
   You will have to buy Mandrake since burning a CD is not an option. The
Linux Mandrake 7.0 Complete can be purchased at Office Depot, Staples or any
of those type stores for $29.
   You will be able to install using your SCSI CDROM  but as you already
know you will not be able to use your CDROM once you boot into Linux and you
will probably need to use a Windows startup disk to load the drivers for the
CDROM in order to be able to  start the installation program for Mandrake.
   The minimum. installation size is 600MB so you would be able to do that
on an 800MB HD.
   Good luck to you if you decide to do it.

   Charles