On Mon, 22 May 2000, Thorsten Brenner wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> i am using D-Link Cards too. I have the Model called DFE 530TX a
> 10/100Mbit Ethernetcard.
> Witch kernelmodul supports this Card? (In my opinion it is the
> via-rhine) Is this correct.
>
> But if it is correct, why does my Computer not recognize it?
> When i (on installation) enable the Network, the Card will be
> recognized. But When i want to setup the Network after installation,
> there is no chance to make the computer recognize the PCI-Networkcard.

Thorsten,

Uh oh, I haven't installed one of the cards yet, having problems w/ my old P75.
Anyway what's worked for my other cards it to use DrakConf -> Networking ->
Basic host information -> adapter X and leave the Kernel module blank. With
both the cards I am currently using I believe that field was automatically
filled out after hitting accept. IIRC the first was also picked up during
install and the other by kudzu on boot, both still had to be configured as
above. I don't remember having to select a module for either card...I did find
the DFE-530TX in a list of supported cards but the module it uses wasn't
mentioned.