It sounds like you may need to log into the server from a client. I don't know much about Linux server systems, but from working with a few others out there, I've noticed that the server is pretty much unusable as a regular workstation. I could be wrong, so don't quote me, but I'd suggest to give it a whirl.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Post Server Installation Commands?

Raul,

I was wondering if I was the only one! I've done the same thing (except it
is version 7.0 instead of 7.02) and had the same problems...none of the
standard Unix/Linux commands are recognized in the shell...furthermore it is
nearly impossible to work on the desktop (the kill process function is cool
and works ok...but it does no good at this point) without being able to use
the basic commands to set the box up and get things running....I am sure you
and I can not be the only ones who have had this problem

Any one out there have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Fritz