On Thu, 25 May 2000, you wrote:
> I have LM 7.
>
> I wonder is there a way during the install that I can
> tell it to not install postfix because I am incapable of

Use the expert and custom options during the install, then you can pick and
choose what is installed.

> Or is there a way I can get Pine or Kmail to look in another
> folder?
for kmail file -> settings -> network -> select acct, -> modify

> What are the comparisons between psotfix and sendmail
> and why do some prefer one over the other?/

sendmail has a reputation for being difficult to setup and configure, and has
way many more options than the average home user needs to deal with

postfix is fairly easy to setup, and will perform most of the tasks a home user
or small network admin needs right out of the box. Plus the config files are a
bit easier to understand.

 --
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)