I have a question.  In the cdrw set up information
here http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/hremov3.html
they say at step 5.Put the line "modprobe ide-scsi"
into '/etc/rc.d/rc.local'.

/etc/rc.d/rc.local is a shell script right?  Where
should it go in that file?  Does it matter?  It look
slike there are two basic functions in that file I put
the "modprobe..." line between them.  Should I put it
at the bottom? top? does it matter? Am I in the right
place here?

What is with the line
"pre-install pcmcia_core /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia
start" in /etc/conf.modules ?  Does it need to be
there? What does it do?  I have no pcmcia devices.  I
don't even have a pcmcia port!  This is a laptop
service right?

O.k. I'll chill now.  This X-server crashing thing
when I log out is really torqueing me.  I found that I
can ctrl-alt-backspace to change users but that is so
hacked.

That list I promised is coming soon.

Dacia