:~>I originally setup my disk with both linux and a windows partition. I am
:~>no longer using windows on this machine and would like to remove the
:~>partition without risk of damaging my linux data. Ideally I would like to
:~>be able to expand one of my linux partitions to take advantage of the new
:~>space, however making a new linux partition would be an acceptable option
:~>as well. How can I do this without the possibility of damaging my linux
:~>system data? Thanks.

1) change partition type, format it (diskdrake)
2) bind it into system as /mnt/new (or such)
3) move the data from some existing partition there (/home/ sounds fine,
but your mileage may vary)
4) remove old /home, edit /etc/fstab so that your new partition gets
mounted on right place and either reboot or just remount the partition to
where it should be.

voila

        Denis

Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
ZPoPyDA is a postgresql database adapter for Zope based on PoPy