Thanks for your answer :)

"...software 'perl' terminated the
installation for the reason that my system or whatever was not in
'english'
mode...very peculiar..."

I had the same problem. What I did:
I formatted again Linux partitions and I accepted the size that
appeared in /swap partition window (250MB).  I believe that it was the
swap partition too small (I choosed 128MB before) the cause of the
problem. Of course you have to try at your account and risk... ;)

I just have three Linux partitions: /boot, / and /swap

Bye
kakuako

Hello:

this is what I found out re LM 7.0 Air. If u use 'recommended' it won't
ask
u whether u want to install LILO or not. If u use 'custom', it will ask
where to put LILO (MBR or first partition) and if u use 'Expert' then
it
will ask u if you want LILO or not.

And ur right, that's not in the manual. The manual only give the
'recommended' installation. you should go to the linux-mandrake website
and
see the Demos for 'custom' and 'expert'.

in my case, my linux boot disk won't work. I have tried reinstalling LM
and
suddenly during installing of the software 'perl' terminated the
installation for the reason that my system or whatever was not in
'english'
mode...very peculiar.

so at this point I can still boot to Windows but my Linux is dead
because it
partitioned and formatted my 2nd HD already and terminated the
installation
before I can input the root password.  And there was a very comforting
message after it terminated the installation 'you can safely reboot
your
computer now'. Yup, I can reboot alright but Linux is dead.

Good luck.
edison