On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Jeffrey B. Ferland wrote:

>Assuming I've got more than one working modem, each on their own phone line, is
>their anyway to use then both at once on separate connection?

Technically I would say yes. I know it can be done in OS/2, I have done it
there. I don't know how to do that in Linux, I don't use a regular modem
but an ISDN card.

>How on earth does an ISP cram all those calls into one phone number?

In fact, an ISP has tons of phone numbers, perhaps upto 1000. Through the
phone center all the incoming calls on 1 number are sort of de-multiplexed
into the array of available numbers and one that is free is selected.

>I want to change my domain name (it's localhost.localdomian right now. It
>should be autocracy.dcci.com - how do I tell the computer that?)

Use linuxconf for that, in the networking section.

Good luck!
Paul

No matter what scientists say about her,
she is still our beautiful moon.
(Anonymous senryu)

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208