Hello, all! maybe someone out there can help me with my problem, I recently
installed an external modem to gain access to the internet with Linux, all that
went great, I have configured kppp and Usernet to get connected, here's where my
problem starts: I can connect with Kppp just fine (it appears that I'm
connected, the detail of my bar graph on Kppp shows I'm connected with small
spikes in the beginning and then goes flat-line until I launch a browser and
then I get several spikes of incoming and outgoing data) the reason I have my
doubts is because everytime I launch Netscape, Kfm, Gftp or anything that needs
to gain access to the web they  lock up ( Netscape ) and then they say that the
Url that I am trying to connect with is unavailable or cannot be reached. It's
like I'm connected to my isp but everything stops there. When I use "usernet" to
connect I get connected but then get booted off  with in 2 seconds and it will
continue trying to get on until I reboot. This is driving me bonkers, why can't
any of the web
browers get connected? Any help on these 2 problems would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks, Jeff