I know. This is very tricky. I think, I should order PowerQuest's
Partitioning Tool. Apparently, the Windows version can resize and move
NTFS. I found the freebie DOS version for FAT very handy. But, it cannot
handle NTFS.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the software that I must use for my
Technical Support, I must have access to Windows NT4.

Now, how do we get this company to include their utility as an rpm?

Roman

Paul wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Roman Bysh wrote:
>
> >Hi everybody,
> >
> >I have installed Linux to my D partition. The size is about 2047 MB.
> >Linux Mandrake installation uses 2044 MB. However, I have another 14
> >Gig. of unused space using NTFS (factory installed). I have manually set
> >the following setting during installation:
> >
> >/boot          ==>15 MB
> >/root  ==>854 MB
> >/swap  ==>321 MB
> >/home  ==>854 MB
> >
> >I assume Linux has no limits as far as partitioning is concerned. As I
> >do not have a partitioning tool for NTFS, I was inquiring for some
> >solutions.
>
> You have DiskDrake. Run it as root. Be careful what you do. Look at the
> tables and locate the NTFS partition. Be careful what you do. Select the
> NTFS partition. Make sure you selected the NTFS partition. Be careful what
> you do. Tell DiskDrake to remove the NTFS partition. Before you do that,
> make sure you got the right partition and be careful what you do. Reformat
> the partition to EXT2. Mount it to a directory. Done.
>
> But: be careful what you do! Messing up a partition table is easier done
> than said, and difficult to fix!!
>
> Paul
>
> --
> The ultimate proof of love is trust