Jesper....I've had good use out of a Supermicro P6SBS MB that
uses the 440BX chipset and the Adaptec AIC-7895 Dual Channel
SCSI controller.  It utilizes no onboard graphics controller
(which I purposely avoid).  Supermicro has a dual processor
version of this MB, the P6DBS.  If you find you need to change
MB's, this might be the one for you.  I've not had any of the
problems that you describe.

Alan