I've decided that I want to take a serious interest into Linux starting with
Mandrake.  I've downloaded and burned the Mandrake 7.0-2 ISO but when I set
my bios (on a Tekram Dual PII 400, Quantam Atlas IV 160/M with a HP9200i
CDR/W) to boot from cd or I try to install from floppy I get nothing.  The
kernel boots and loads but when it starts checking the pci bus it just sits
there.  The installation goes no further.  Question I have to ask is:  Does
the latest kernel (2.2.14 I think) support the AHA-29160 (i.e. aic-7899
chipset in PCI...not motherboard format)??  I checked the hardware
compatibility list and the aic-789X is on the list as well as the AHA-29XX.
If it does support my SCSI card am I looking in the wrong direction?  I did
have an older version (of Mandrake) installed on my pc but that was with a
Tekram DC39U2W (I think) SCSI card.  That is the only piece of equipment I
have changed since then.  Any insight would be appreciated.