On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Marc wrote:

>I have searched low and medium and I do not know where high is. Well I guess

*grin*

>this is high. Can some one let me know how I can dial into my isp through
>the console only. No need to go into X at all. Thanks alot.

For this, you need to set things up the hard way. No kppp assistance, but
you have to go through setting all kinds of things by hand, using
ifconfig, route, initialisation calls to the modem etc.

I have the same thing running for my ISDN setup, it should be pretty much
the same in idea, only different in settings and device.
I would suggest you take a look at http://mandrakeusr.org, I am positive
there is a lot of info there on how to set up the console dial-up.

Paul

--
A dream and dedication is a strong combination

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403