On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Mick Spice wrote:

> Hi,
>       I have recently installed the Mandrake Gold Pack version of Linux, and
> most things seem to be working fine.
>
> I have two problems.
> 1) My sound cards is new, and not on the supported list(s). I realise that
> I will need to replace this with something that is supported. Any
> suggestions as to what to buy would be appreciated.
I have an SB128. It's cheap and it works great, as far as you don't want a
high-quality sound system. It's fine for gaming, listening to music and
such...

> 2) [and more of a problem] is the fact that system seems to think that I
> have a US keyboard, whne in fact I have a UK keyboard. This makes life at
> the prompt a problem :-( with no 'pipe' character readily available.
> I assume that there is some way (short of a re-install) that I can fix this ?
I think you can change that in drakxconf. Or you can also modify your
boot files, but I don't know which one loads the keyboard...

HTH
Flupke

--
        << There's no place like ~ ! >>