i use a LNE100TX with mandrake 7.0 without problem...linux recognizes it upon
installation...but i've tried 7.1 (an early beta) and it did not recognize
the card...i noticed that it listed both a new and an old tulip
driver...perhaps you might check to see if you've more than one, and try the
older of the two...

frank