On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

>I have a Linux Coolkeyboard, and was just
>wondering if there is some easy way to remap
>my caps and control keys. For me personally,
>caps is useless, and control would be so much
>handier next to my pinkie... <smile>

For remapping in X there is a utility called xmodmap

An example that a friend sent me:

xmodmap -e "keysym Alt_L = Meta_L Alt_L"

(Please don't ask me what this means in detail ;)

Put the right codes in .Xinitrc or .Xclients and you should be fine.
Paul

--
Yesterday is Past; Tomorrow is the Future;
Today is a Gift...That is why we call it The Present.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403