Hi,
I have a linux newbie and just installed mandrake 7.1.
I basically need to get my realtek 8029 card up and running so as to connect to the internet through my cable modem (shaw @home)

I went into the drak conf and looked at the hardware installed (i think its called Lothar and I enabled isa detect).
Under network card I saw that my realtek card was detected.

However, when i boot up linux, I dont get the     eth 0    [OK]
i dont get anything at all.

I have played around with the network configurator in the drakconf but to no success.
The best result i seem to have gotten is            eth 0 : delaying network initialization   (or some such thing)

I need to get my ethernet card working in order to use the internet via the shaw @home cable connect.

Caa someone pls gimme step by step instruction on what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks again for any help any of u can give me.

P.S. Can anyone suggest a good linux book for a newbie to pick up. I hear that "RUNNING LINUX" is awesome for a beginner. Any comments on tyhis subject matter too would be apprecaited.

Thanks,
demo Nish